Frequently asked questions:
1. Can you cut glass that I already own? Yes we usually can for a nominal fee. We cannot be responsible for breakage.
2. Can you cut tempered glass? No, tempered glass is an in factory ordered item and cannot be cut.
3. How long does tempered glass take to order ? Usually we can have tempered glass orders back within 3 to 5 days depending on the day you place your order.
4. Does glass come in different thicknesses? Yes. The thinnest is 1/16 & 1/8 which is usually window glass. Our 1/4 is our standard tabletop & shelving thickness. We offer 3/8" and 1/2 " too and is usually a special order.
5. What is insulated glass? Insulated glass is made up of two thicknesses with an air space between them. Insulated glass is a factory order item.
6. Can you do edgework on my tabletop? We can do a house finish (seamed edges smooth to the touch) on any tabletop and we do a flat ground or hand polished edge in house also at an extra charge. Any other edgework is done in factory.
7. Can you make scratches go away? No.
8. Why can't you install a piece of regular window glass in my door? By law as a service provider we cannot put anything but a type of safety or tempered glass in any door or anything within a few feet of a door. Safety first.
9. Why is that plastic glass more expensive? Plexiglass and lexan are petroleum based products and are more expensive to manufacture.
10. I have a bottle, jar, pot etc can you drill a hole in the bottom?
We do this after seeing if the object is a good candidate for this.
We cannot be responsible for your item.
ABOUT SHOWER DOORS:
1. What can I do to make water spots go away? We advise anyone with a new shower or tub glass to use a sqeegy after each use. It removes the droplets of water that will stay and mark your glass.
2. Can you cut down my own shower door? No , all shower doors and tub enclosures should be of tempered glass and will shatter in small pieces when cut or broken. This is for safety.
3. Why is my frameless unit leaking? We always advise anyone buying or wanting to buy a frameless unit that leakage is something you will have a small amount of. Because of the frameless design when the spray hits the joined area some leakage might occur.
1. Can you put regular glass in my insulated windows so I won't have to order new I/G units? No we cannot. It may fix a broken side of an I/G unit but it will not stop the fogging up of a window.
2. Do you sell the plastic stuff that goes around windows? Yes we have a variety of stop material. There are many types so we suggest you bring in a small sample so we can try to match it.
1. Can you cut down my own mirror? Yes but cannot be responsible for breakage.
2. Can you make pits or scratches go away in my mirror? No.
3. The backing has come off my mirror - is there a fix? No.